At The Swan Clinic, we have lots of patients requesting vaginal rejuvenation. We are a female only team of professionals that will look after you during this delicate process. You never have to feel ashamed or embarrassed. Many of our patients have seen other surgeons that have made them feel inadequate or uncomfortable, at The Swan Clinic, we strive to make you feel comfortable every step of the way. Any photos taken, will never been shown to anyone and your privacy is maintained at all times. Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions you have. Our philosophy is to provide surgery that will achieve a cosmetic result while preserving function of this area at all times. Vaginal rejuvenation covers surgery of the labia minor, labia majority, clitoral hood surgery and vaginal tightening. The majority of the patients we see request surgery of the labia minora or labiaplasty.
Labiaplasty Plastic Surgery A Comprehensive Guide
Welcome to our Plastic Surgeon's guide to Labiaplasty, a surgical procedure aimed at enhancing the appearance and functionality of the labia. At our practice, we understand that each patient's needs and concerns are unique. With that in mind, we offer various types of labiaplasty procedures to help our patients achieve their desired results. Below, we'll explore the different types of labiaplasty that we specialize in.
Labia Minora Reduction
This is the most common type of labiaplasty. It involves reducing the size and length of the inner labia (labia minora). Some women may experience discomfort or self-consciousness due to enlarged or elongated labia minora. Labia minora reduction can address these concerns, creating a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing appearance. There are three main techniques, the wedge technique, the trim technique and the de-epithelialisation technique. At the Swan Clinic, the most commonly used is the wedge technique which is also known as the butterfly.
Labia Majora Reduction
Labia majora reduction focuses on reducing the size of the outer labia (labia majora). This procedure can be beneficial for women who have experienced changes in the labia majora due to aging, weight loss, or other factors. By reducing excess tissue, the labia majora can appear smoother and firmer.
Clitoral Hood Reduction
The clitoral hood is the fold of skin that covers the clitoris. In some cases, it may be excessively large, causing discomfort during sexual activity or creating a cosmetic concern. Clitoral hood reduction involves trimming and reshaping the excess tissue to improve comfort and aesthetics. It can be done at the top (superior hoodectomy) to lift the area up, or on the sides to flatter the hood (lateral hoodectomy).
Unlike labia majora reduction, labia majoraplasty is a procedure designed to enhance the volume and fullness of the labia majora. This can be an option for women who have lost volume in this area due to aging or other factors. Labia majoraplasty can restore a youthful appearance and provide better contouring of the outer labia. This can be done with a cut along the edge of the labia majora to reduce excess skin, or by fat grafting to augment this area
Hymenoplasty is a procedure that reconstructs or repairs the hymen. Some women choose this procedure for cultural, religious, or personal reasons. It is important to have a thorough consultation with our surgeon to understand the expectations and potential outcomes of hymenoplasty
Perineoplasty is surgery performed on the area between the vaginal and anal area. Sometimes this area stretches or tears due to previous vaginal births. Occasionally, excess skin is formed there congenitally. It may be possible to excise this tissue in a u-shaped pattern and repaired, sometimes the excess skin can be trimmed and sutured in place. Our experienced plastic surgeon Dr Reema Hadi will work closely with you to tailor a personalised treatment plan based on their unique anatomy and goals
During your consultation, don't hesitate to ask your surgeon about the specific surgical technique they plan to use, the expected outcomes, potential risks, and any other questions or concerns you may have about the procedure. Being well-informed and confident in your surgeon's expertise is crucial for a successful labiaplasty experience.
Post-operative care and adherence to specific instructions are crucial for ensuring a smooth recovery and optimal results following any surgical procedure, including labiaplasty or vaginal rejuvenation surgeries. Here is some general advice.
During your consultation, don't hesitate to ask your surgeon about the specific surgical technique they plan to use, the expected outcomes, potential risks, and any other questions or concerns you may have about the procedure. Being well-informed and confident in your surgeon's expertise is crucial for a successful labiaplasty experience. Post-operative care and adherence to specific instructions are crucial for ensuring a smooth recovery and optimal results following any surgical procedure, including labiaplasty or vaginal rejuvenation surgeries. Here is some general advice.
- Rest and Recovery: Plan to take it easy and rest for the first few days after surgery. Avoid strenuous activities and exercise for at least 2-4 weeks, or as advised by your surgeon.
- Pain Management: You may experience mild to moderate discomfort after surgery. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication to help manage any pain or discomfort during the initial recovery period.
- Swelling and Ice Packs: Swelling is common after labiaplasty. Applying ice packs to the surgical area for the first 24-48 hours can help reduce swelling and provide relief.
- Hygiene and Wound Care: Maintaining good hygiene is essential during the recovery phase. Follow your surgeon's instructions on how to clean the surgical area and change dressings. Keep the area clean and dry to minimize the risk of infection.
- Avoid Sexual Activity: Refrain from sexual activity, including vaginal penetration, for the duration recommended by your surgeon. This typically ranges from 4-6 weeks.
- Avoid Tampons and Menstrual Cups: Avoid using tampons and menstrual cups during the healing period, as they may disrupt the healing process.
- Loose Clothing: Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing to minimize friction and pressure on the surgical site.
- Sitting and Positioning: Avoid sitting for prolonged periods during the first week or so after surgery. When sitting, use a cushion or pillow for added comfort and to reduce pressure on the surgical area.
- Follow-up Appointments: Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your progress and address any concerns.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol: Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol during the recovery period, as they can impair the healing process.
- Scar Management: We may recommend scar management techniques to help minimize the appearance of scars.
Remember that individual recovery times can vary, so please be patient and give your body the time it needs to heal properly. At our practice, patient safety and satisfaction are our top priorities. Dr Reema Hadi has extensive experience and is dedicated to providing natural-looking, beautiful results while maintaining the highest standard of care. If you're considering labiaplasty or have any questions about the procedure, please don't hesitate to contact our practice to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you on your journey.
Labiaplasty Costs and medicare rebate?
For labia minora surgery, labia majora surgery and clitoral hood surgery, medicare rebates are only applicable for severe congenital surgery. Regarding vaginal tightening, there may be a medicare rebate applicable for functional problems. Please contact us for more details.