The desired results of a rhinoplasty depend on what you are trying to achieve by having the surgery.
Also known as
- Nose surgery
- Nose job
- Nose reshaping
- Plastic nose surgery
What is rhinoplasty?
A rhinoplasty is a nose reshaping procedure. The nose is made up of skin, subcutaneous soft tissue, a muscle layer, cartilaginous support and underlying bony structure.
During your appointment, the 3-D camera will be used to analyse your face including nose, chin, and cheek proportions.
An ideal nose width is 1/5 of the facial width, and roughly 1/3 of the facial height. The dorsal aesthetic lines would be respected and there is a nose to lip angle of around 100-110 degrees in a woman and a lesser angle in men.
The 3-D camera will then model different possible surgery outcomes, such as:
- the hump can be reduced or narrowed
- the bridge of the nose height can be increased
- the tip can be refined and narrowed
- the tip can be lifted
- the septum can be straightened
- the middle third can be bolstered to help with breathing